I am the queen of spice. I get bored when I watch people use the same ol' salt and pepper to season all their dishes. Come on people, how about some creativity? A little teasing of the taste buds? Try something new! My cubbards are full of spices. You name it, the chances are I have it (and yes, I actually use them all).
When I lived in Chicago, I used to frequent this delicious spice shop with barrels and walls full of fragrant spices. I never walked out without something new. (Now that I think of it, I have never seen such a store here in Fort Lauderdale. I'm going to have to do a little research and see if I can find one).
My two most recent spice finds were purchased at a local Publix grocery store. (Quite unexpected being they usually carry the most commonly used spices). I was quite excited to find them. They are Alessi's Dipping Spices and Spice Islands Gourmet Blends Red Curry Powder.

The Red Curry Chicken made with this powder tastes unbelievable! And it is so much quicker to prepare!
A little goes a long way, and it need not be used only for this particular dish. I have used the red curry powder in rice and vegetable
dishes as well. The taste turns out perfect every time!
As for the Alessi dipping spice, just pour a little olive oil on a dish and then sprinkle on the Alessi Dipping spice to your liking. Dip some hard bread into it, have a little wine, and voila, a little taste bud luxury at home!
So if you are looking for some new spices to try out, I highly recommend these. Enjoy!
When I lived in Chicago, I used to frequent this delicious spice shop with barrels and walls full of fragrant spices. I never walked out without something new. (Now that I think of it, I have never seen such a store here in Fort Lauderdale. I'm going to have to do a little research and see if I can find one).
My two most recent spice finds were purchased at a local Publix grocery store. (Quite unexpected being they usually carry the most commonly used spices). I was quite excited to find them. They are Alessi's Dipping Spices and Spice Islands Gourmet Blends Red Curry Powder.

The Red Curry Chicken made with this powder tastes unbelievable! And it is so much quicker to prepare!
A little goes a long way, and it need not be used only for this particular dish. I have used the red curry powder in rice and vegetable
dishes as well. The taste turns out perfect every time!
As for the Alessi dipping spice, just pour a little olive oil on a dish and then sprinkle on the Alessi Dipping spice to your liking. Dip some hard bread into it, have a little wine, and voila, a little taste bud luxury at home!
So if you are looking for some new spices to try out, I highly recommend these. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment